Being part of the travel industry comes with an underlying commitment to the world and the destinations we operate our tours in. The IPCC’s Sixth Assessment Report states, “Since systematic scientific assessments began in the 1970s, the influence of human activity on the warming of the climate system has evolved from theory to established fact”. Travel and Tourism represent around 8% of global carbon emissions, which businesses and travelers need to be accountable for. If we don’t take action today, the problems we’re facing will only get more complicated as the years go by.
The journey toward your business’ sustainability goes beyond offsetting your footprint. First, you need to understand how much carbon you’re producing with your trips and operations, see areas of improvement to reduce these emissions, and educate your travelers on how they can do the same. Once you’ve achieved this, you can start compensating your carbon footprint mindfully and helping the environment. To help you through this process, WeTravel has prepared a special one-hour webinar, teaming up with inspiring industry experts that will walk you through the process of having a more sustainable travel business:
- Christina Beckmann - Head of Tomorrow's Air and part of ATTA (Adventure Travel Trade Association)
- Paloma Zapata - CEO of Sustainable Travel International
- Court Whelan - Chief Sustainability Officer at Natural Habitat Adventures
What you’ll learn
- How to identify, quantify, and monitor your travel business’ carbon emissions
- How to effectively reduce the carbon emissions produced by your travel company at every stage of the supply chain and how to help your customers reduce theirs
- How to engage with accredited carbon offsetting firms to lower the carbon cost of the emissions you can't reduce
… And so much more!
While you're starting your sustainability journey, we also invite you to explore WeTravel's Carbon Offsetting feature!
Watch More than Offsetting: Climate Action For Travel Businesses
New resources, straight to your inbox
We’re committed to your privacy. WeTravel uses the information you provide to us to contact you about our relevant content, products, and services. You may unsubscribe at any time.